This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE3 + iM

Started by Devon O'Neal, June 13, 2018 · 14 Replies · 200 Views

Devon O'Neal

My last form check caused me to realize that I am spending too much time practicing with bad form because I rarely record myself. Now I would like to start recording myself more, so I can make sure that I am being as effective as I can be with the time I spend training. I would appreciate any critique of my technique, so I can start making the necessary changes sooner. Thank you for your time!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice job, Devon!

You are doing a nice job of keeping your lower back pressed into the ground on your PE. Aim to get your feet closer to the floor as you hold. On your iM you are doing a nice job of opening the chest. Work on holding a strong posterior pelvic tilt (PPT) as you go into the table position. Keep up the great work!

Devon O'Neal

@Jeffrey Bittner Thank you! I definitely notice the compromised back position now that you point it out. I will continue to work on that!

Devon O'Neal

I have been working on this one and would like an evaluation of my progress. Thank you for your time and tips!

https://youtu.be/dSzwZn941FQ

 

Alessandro Mainente

Keep your head a bit more in a neutral position, like a natural elongation of the spine.

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteI will definitely work on that! Thank you for your advice.

Devon O'Neal

I would like to update my progress on this progression, and I would greatly appreciate a form check. Thank you for all your help.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Devon , during the IM the movement is only an up and down, is not required to lean forward with your knees in the top position.

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteThank you Alessandro! I really appreciate all your time and expertise. I will work on that and submit another form check.

Devon O'Neal
On 8/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Devon , during the IM the movement is only an up and down, is not required to lean forward with your knees in the top position.

I was working on what you suggested and wanted to submit an updated attempt. Thank you!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

now...keep the legs together and the ankles under the knees.

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteThank you! I appreciate everything you do.

Devon O'Neal

I wanted to know how this was looking now. I have been practicing it for a few more months. Thank you for your guidance!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

A very nice range of motion Devon!

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteThank you! I appreciate all your guidance and critique. I am excited to finally move to the next progression.