This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 4 body positions

Started by Seanna Barnett, June 13, 2018 · 2 Replies · 48 Views

Seanna Barnett

Hey there,

Just wondering if we should be striving to maintain a pelvic tilt throughout the 4 moves, especially in the straight position? I find that when I am on my back I can slide my hand and almost firearm under my lower back which becomes more pronounced with my arms above my head.

Everett Carroll

Hey Seanna,

Great question. For the straight body, you absolutely want to focus on a posterior pelvic tilt. Your priority in that position is to keep your ribs in and the lower back pressed to the floor. 

During the tuck, strive to sit up as tall as you can but you may not be able to achieve a flat back at first. 

For pike and straddle, you want an anterior pelvic tilt which is the opposite of the ideal straight body pelvic position.

The common issues video provides a nice explanation and visual of these positions so be sure to check that out :)

 

Seanna Barnett

Wonderful! Thank you so much. I am trying to watch the common issues video but I'm having technical difficulties and have already contacted support. Thanks again!