This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 2 questions

Started by Logan Brown, June 12, 2018 · 3 Replies · 235 Views

Logan Brown

I've been working through Foundation 2 exercises and have a few general questions.

  1. In Foundation 1 exercises there were multiple instructional videos for each exercise.  Are you planning on doing this for Foundation 2?  They were extremely helpful and might answer some of my questions below.  The current foundation 2 videos are helpful, but more in-depth instruction on the strength and mobility exercises would be fantastic.
  2. For RC/PE7, Negative Pull-up, do you drop off the bar for each rep or should I be hanging onto the bar and effectively doing a pull-up before each negative rep?
  3. For FL/PE8, Negative Body Lever Single Leg, does one rep consist of the movement for each leg or is one rep counted with each leg descent?
  4. For sPL/SE1 mobility, Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold, I can't even get off the ground.  I'm assuming I should go back to the strength and mobility exercises for sPL PE5-7?  Any in particular I should focus on?

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hey Logan,

1. Thanks for the feedback. We are aware of how valuable those videos are and I know it's definitely something the team would be excited to put out. 

2. For RC/PE7, it's best if you can place something under the bar that allows you to jump back up to the top after each negative. 

3. For FL/PE8, each descent counts as 1 rep.

4. To begin the search for deficits, send in form checks for sPL/PE5, sPL/PE5>iM, and HBP/PE3.

Charles Spenceley

I know this is an old post but I'm also confused about sPL/SE1 - especially the mobility portion. I can do the Frog Stand somewhat, still working to build up my time. But the mobility is vastly more difficult than anything that's come before it. It seems like if i could do the mobility I'd be much further along in my ability to do a planche than just working on a frog stand.

What am I missing here about how to actually get into the mobility exercise?

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Charles Spenceley said:

I know this is an old post but I'm also confused about sPL/SE1 - especially the mobility portion. I can do the Frog Stand somewhat, still working to build up my time. But the mobility is vastly more difficult than anything that's come before it. It seems like if i could do the mobility I'd be much further along in my ability to do a planche than just working on a frog stand.

What am I missing here about how to actually get into the mobility exercise?

Hi Charles, the problem of the bent arm planche variations plus suggestions and scaling modalities is discussed here: