ATG squat is a long term project, and I can do deck squats without the mats, but before I get to PE6, how are the PE4-5 iMs?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Guido Franchetti, June 11, 2018 · 3 Replies · 52 Views
ATG squat is a long term project, and I can do deck squats without the mats, but before I get to PE6, how are the PE4-5 iMs?
Hey Guido,
For the SLS>iMs, you want to focus on minimizing hip rotation. To feel what I mean, place an object (yoga block, water bottle, etc.) on your lower back and don't allow it to fall off. In fact, keep the object as level as possible throughout.
For the sPL>iM, keep your legs held up a tad higher. You want them to be level with your hips at all times.
4 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Guido,
For the SLS>iMs, you want to focus on minimizing hip rotation. To feel what I mean, place an object (yoga block, water bottle, etc.) on your lower back and don't allow it to fall off. In fact, keep the object as level as possible throughout.
For the sPL>iM, keep your legs held up a tad higher. You want them to be level with your hips at all times.
Thanks Everett! For the SLS-iM the explanation video says that some hip movement is fine while shoulders should be stable, but I guess I have overindulged with the hip rotation.
Yes, just a tad
A yoga block will allow for some hip movement but help minimize it.