This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

incorporating side lever pulls with push/pull split

Started by Wilensky Joshua, June 8, 2018 · 3 Replies · 94 Views

Wilensky Joshua

I have started a combined free weights push/pull/legs split and incorporating some elements of GST.  I am doing straddle planche on push days and rope climb and tic-tocs on pull days.  Where would side lever pulls fit in as it appears to be pushing with one arm and pulling with the other?  Any recommendations?  Thanks for the help.  

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on your level on the other elements. if you have completed hollowback press maybe you can insert them in the same day as planche.

Wilensky Joshua

I am doing bench press and landmine press along with planche on push days, and tic-tocs, rope climbs, rows, and face-pulls on pull days.  I wanted to add the side lever pulls for the variety and because I have not trained them in a while and my efficiency for them has dropped off.  I just didn't know where to put the  side lever pulls.

Everett Carroll

All 3 of your core elements (FL, SL, and MN) fit perfectly into a pulling day at the F4 level. At the F4 level, SL is extremely upper back intensive.