This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4

Started by Petra Kmecová, June 8, 2018 · 11 Replies · 129 Views

Petra Kmecová

Backstrap finally arrived, so I had to give those a go... How am I doing? 

Thanks. 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks good, Petra! As you get tired you start to pick up a small amount of knee bend. Aim to keep your legs completely straight throughout your set.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner. I'll keep that in mind when I officially start to work on this exercise. For now, I'll stay on side over arches for couple of workouts to implement Everett's suggestions. 

Luke Searra

Keep it up Petra!

Vanessa Hunt

Hi petra where did you buy back strap from? 

Petra Kmecová

Hello, how is this looking? I've been on mastery volume for couple of workouts already. 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Petra if remember correctly the PE 4 requires to reach at least horizontal, BUT for major benefits I highly recommend 45° past horizontal.

Petra Kmecová
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Petra if remember correctly the PE 4 requires to reach at least horizontal, BUT for major benefits I highly recommend 45° past horizontal.

Hmm... Yes, I've seen the instructions and to be honest, I thought I was horizontal... Better said, that I was creating line from toes to head. Am I not? 

Guido Franchetti

Hi Petra, you are getting to horizontal, I think Alessandro was suggesting to try going above that, ideally up to 45 degree above horizontal.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Guido Franchetti

Doing this exercise, I've always had this post in my mind. It's from GB affiliate, whos post about GB exercises I really like, because he explains them in details and his form to my eye is always superior. 

Screenshot_20180712-113752.thumb.png.9dbbb2f2cde46470b6981ae90c0fcd22.png

Screenshot_20180712-113800.thumb.png.2ca5fb0fcba60311f0e238e6ef29b9ef.png

So, I only aimed for horizontal. I had some lower back pain issues in the past and the gamechanger for me was discovering PPT. Butt squeeze and pulling bellybutton in while exercising solved it all. I'm pain free now but I still am very causcious about it. 

After my today's workout I tried arching more -  not from lower back, but more from thoracic (which I think should be the case, am I right?). 

Does it look better? And just to be 100% clear... @Alessandro Mainente... Should that arching come from thoracic spine and lower back maintain as flat as possible? 

Thanks, Petra. 

Alessandro Mainente

Mich better ! I mean better for you and for your spine.

Petra Kmecová
4 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Mich better ! I mean better for you and for your spine.

OK, thanks... I'll refine it for couple of workouts