This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Benchmark? Best exercise to track progress

Started by Matthew Semegran, June 6, 2018 · 1 Replies · 139 Views

Matthew Semegran

Hi everyone!

So I'm getting back into the swing of things and I feel like I've got a good 80% of my flexibility back (took a long hiatus in 2017.)

Anyways, I'm wondering if there's a good benchmark position to track overall progress?


For example, for the front split pancake work, my hands are flat on the floor and getting closer to my feet. (see pic) Where as before, I was struggle busing just to get my hands flat when I started back up again.

Is there something like this for the middle split? I would imagine it would just be a straight middle split, lol but that's pretty intense after completing the series. 

34419199_10156704717124739_8875053586468306944_n.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

HI Matthew, simply perform a middle split against the wall and measure the distance between groin and wall.