This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What is the healthiest bodyfat percentage ?

Started by Henri Kreizel, June 5, 2018 · 3 Replies · 139 Views

Henri Kreizel

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a "perfect" level of fatness to achieve in order to be as healthy as possible. 

I'm currently somewhere between 12% and 15%, should I cut a little bit or is it ok (it doesn't seem to hinder my progress with gst but who knows, if I was lighter it could only be easier) ?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Henri for men the idea is staying around 12-14, for women 17-19. but is also necessary to understand the type of fat: superficial or visceral. the second one is bad.

Henri Kreizel

Thank you for the answer Alessandro :)

Can I skew the fat distribution toward subcutaneous instead of visceral or is it just genetic ?

If I can through diet (I can't really think of an other way), how do I proceed specifically ?

Alessandro Mainente

The type of fat tissue like having fewer cells but bigger of more cells but little is genetic. the visceral fat has a genetic component. today is not completely clear how much it is determinant.