This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rate of progression through foundation1 (slow or too slow)

Started by Ahmed Althobaiti, June 4, 2018 · 3 Replies · 331 Views

Ahmed Althobaiti

Greeting all.

I've been doing GST training since July 2016. I'm not sure if I'm progressing properly or not. I have to admit that I was concentrating more on stretches in the last 6months or so because it feels so good and did change my mobility and flexibility yet I'm not that limper but nevertheless I improved.

My concern is strength, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

These are the level I'm at right now:

FL/PE1 step6

SL/PE4 step5

MN/PE2 step7

HBP/PE2 step6

RC/PE1 step6

sPL/PE2 step7

SLS/PE5 step8

I'm worst at core and pulling exercise.

Sadly I can't plot my progression through time as these are not saved when I log my exercises.

 

But I would appreciate your input and feedback.

Mikey Cunanan

Ahmed,

Where you are currently at in your training is not bad progress at all. It looks like you are progressing rather quickly on some progressions.

It is completely normal to progress at different rates for different progressions. And depending on your individual strengths and weaknesses you may find some progressions to be easier or more difficult.

  If you are ever in need of specific help with any exercise may I remind you that you  can always send us a video for review. Us coaches will be more than happy to help you refine your form for faster progress.

 And for the record, foundation one tends to be where most people spend the vast majority of their time on the courses . That’s because it is here that you focus on building connective tissue strength and durability, which takes considerable time and a lot of reps.

Ahmed Althobaiti

Thank you Coach @Mikey Cunanan

I'm concerned because for almost 2 years and I couldn't conquer Foundation 1.  I just manage to work my legs, hence I purchased the whole foundation courses so I can progress. But I'm afraid that I'm doing something wrong.

It would be great to have annual review of member schedule or have automated through algorithm to project the rate of progression. I know Coach Sommer always stress on being patient, one has to pay his due but I'm not sure if it too long.

Probably it's my age, diet, or even busy schedule. I appreciate the feedback. I'm hoping that I do better this year.

 

Regard.

Mikey Cunanan

Ahmed,

You are correct to be concerned. If you are not progressing as fast as you’d like, hen something needs to change. Let’s start with your training split.

Coaches recommended schedule is ideal for complete beginners with little o no exercise experience. For some people, they will need to train certain progressions more than one time per week. For the skills you struggle with, try adding a second training day (ideally on the opposite end of he week as the first).  This will be a good next step.