This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE3 + IM

Started by Thomas Hanssen, June 4, 2018 · 4 Replies · 72 Views

Thomas Hanssen

Just starting out on this one, wanted to know if I'm on the right path?

 

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Thomas,

 You are definitely headed in the right direction.  When in headstand, you will want to pull the rib cage in towards the spine to allow the upper back to round.  This better engages the traps and upper back muscles to support the weight of your body on your head. 

Aside from that everything looks good.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey thomas I need to correct your form: if you notice the course video the body is supported on head and forearms. the cervical part of the spine is closer to a neutral position while yours tend to be much more extended. strive to reduce the extension of the neck.

Thomas Hanssen

So neutraled the cervical spine, is it sufficient? it felt a lot better!

 As far as pulling the rib cage towards the spine, I'm not sure I'm doing that correctly

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely better.