Hi everybody ![]()
I recently posted a form check of me doing PE2 and there were flaws so I thought I would ask exeprienced eyes if PE1 is ok before trying to correct PE2 ![]()
The plate for the iM is 2.5kg.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Henri Kreizel, June 3, 2018 · 5 Replies · 65 Views
Hi everybody ![]()
I recently posted a form check of me doing PE2 and there were flaws so I thought I would ask exeprienced eyes if PE1 is ok before trying to correct PE2 ![]()
The plate for the iM is 2.5kg.
Hi Henri I would ask you specifically why are you doing the IM in a sitting position?
Hi Alessandro,
My harmstring and glutes mobility is very bad and if I do it directly on the floor I can't sit up straight, let alone bending forward.
Henri,
If you choose to sit on an elevated surface, be mindful to not let your spine arch as you raise your arms overhead. The goal is to maintain your hollow position with a flat back.
My suggestion for tight hips is to sit on a lower surface to reinforce better isolation of your shoulders. The position you are sitting in on your video allows too much movement of the spine.
Damn, I thought I was actually supposed to do it with APT and arched spine...
When you say I should keep the hollow position, does it count for the lower back as well (going ppt) or just the mid and upper back ?
Simply do not arc the spine, the neutral position is necessary. I also highly recommend to unlock your hips so that you can also revisit this exercise in the nearly future.