Hello,
I'm pretty sure that this is okay, but I just want to clarify for sure. I'm considering eating eggs as a source of healthy fat, but the eggs I'm buying don't have any content labels, so I can't check the O3 contents. However, we buy them from a friend who lets them roam outside (they might have limited space, but they can walk around outside, they're not in a confined space with battery). Those eggs should be good right?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Eggs without labels
Started by Mateja Lovsin, May 31, 2018 · 3 Replies · 45 Views
Hey Mateja,
Next time you buy them, ask your friend what the chickens are eating. If they're eating a solid mix of greens, bugs, and grains then the eggs are going to be super good quality. The O6 problem arises when they're eating a bunch of corn-based feed. I'm sure someone else on here could go into more detail, but those are the basics as I understand them.
In my understanding @Mateja Lovsin, the feed of the animal drastically changes not only the amount and quality of nutrition in the food, but also the ratio of anti-inflammatory and inflammatory components as per Everett. Try not to go for corn based feed for the best overall nutrition.
Okay thanks guys, I'll ask him tomorrow!