This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Diamond frog stuck at 90 degrees

Started by Michael Bottarini, May 30, 2018 · 5 Replies · 224 Views

Michael Bottarini

Hi. I've been doing the middle split series since january. My middle split and pancake has been very slow to progress, but my diamond frog is stuck straight up in the air. If I try to push down, I feel the stretch only in my hip capsules. I don't know what to do to progress this movement. Thanks

Luke Searra

Michael can you send us a video of your diamond frog stretch with entry and exit?

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Michael Bottarini said:

Hi. I've been doing the middle split series since january. My middle split and pancake has been very slow to progress, but my diamond frog is stuck straight up in the air. If I try to push down, I feel the stretch only in my hip capsules. I don't know what to do to progress this movement. Thanks

hey Michael, a little tip from my experience, try to perform more frequently the piriformis stretch.

Michael Bottarini

Thank you for the replies. I really think it's just my piriformis. I made a similar thread about the butterfly stretch and was told to stretch the piriformis more, too. I'll just keep on working on piriformis and being patient.

Luke Searra

Sounds good Michael, let us know how you progress.

Suzanna McGee

Piriformis stretch seems to be "cure for all" for the hips, just like the elevated cat is for the shoulders   :-)