This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

VERY tight achilles tendon - Limitations and Solutions

Started by Marko Sekulic, May 28, 2018 · 4 Replies · 151 Views

Marko Sekulic

Hey guys,

I would really like to hear some advices on this...my achillies tendon bothers me my whole life. When I was kid, I both didnt care and didnt know what to do to correct this...but while I grow older I started to realise that this is HUGE problem, and makes HUGE limitations on whatever sport you do, and even in daily basic life. I try a lot of drills and exercises I found on internet for months, foam rolling, streching, strengthening,  everything... but didnt make ANY progress. I am doing front split (and others) stretch cours for 2 months now and didnt make any progress on dorsiflexion, but I made really good progress on quads, hamstrings and hip flexor flexibility. 

Any suggestions? My achilles tendons are like, made of stone...and I dont think working on this 1 time per week is enough to fix that. What should I do? Should I use Kneeling Achilles daily? Stretch my calf everyday (I already do that)?...

I cant do SLS on the ground without weights because of this, although I have strength for this, when I use weights for counter balance I can...also I think that I will be stuck on Deck Squats for ever, because its VERY hard to do them without good dorsiflexion.

Thanks. :)

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Marko,

I recommend to add both the kneeling and standing achilles stretches more frequently. Try to add some daily work on these or at least three times a week :) 

Marko Sekulic

Hi Pauline,

Yes, thank you for advice, I will definitely do that. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Tight Achilles can take years to be released and I talk about the experience. if in your past there was a place for ankle sprain without a good rehab..maybe there are permanent limitations.

Marko Sekulic

Jesus...thank you very much on this comment. I will keep working on it every day, no matter what.