This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE4 form check and questions

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 28, 2018 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Let's start to work on open planche!

Here's a video from a side view:

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Above All, I have two questions:

- about thighs position: should they be closer to torso (like previous progression), in line with the hips so they are vertical, or just in a middle way (like in my video?).

- In the video demonstration the athlete performs this progression on parallettes. Now, should I think to practice it in the same way, or is it good to practice with hands on the ground? Or to practice both ways is a even better idea? I wonder if this is only a wrist flexibility issue.

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Alessandro, the form in the video is ok. the hips are not opened up to 90° but a bit less. is much more important to straddle the legs up to 90° always.

using the pbars is up to you.