This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Forearm to Headstand Roll/Play

Started by Ronnicky Roy, May 28, 2018 · 2 Replies · 56 Views

Ronnicky Roy

I randomly felt like practicing rolls from the descending handstand position as I move farther along the HS/PE's. Just looking for technical tips for making the rolls smoother. I found so far having my hands closer to my face and tucking the chin smoothed it out, but felt some of the brunt on the back of the neck. Nothing bad. it was less stress than the PE2. I'm guessing I should feel the most tension in my shoulders and mid/upper back on the rolls?

 

Luke Searra

@Ronnicky Roy, interesting idea. I would rather see you roll from a headstand than a forearm headstand. The transition for the sake of the roll, from forearm headstand to headstand is playful and creative but not neccessary. You could also keep your feet tighter together when you roll, and keep your back rounder. Otherwise great training and creativity.

Ronnicky Roy

Yea, It was more playtime to transition form forearm to headstand. I've been doing 1min Forearm handstand as warmup and felt like rolling out over just coming down for the fun of it lol. But to your point on technique. Keep the feet tighter together all the way down, even with bent legs while keeping the upper back rounded?