This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A checklist for health

Started by Tomas Johansson, May 27, 2018 · 2 Replies · 162 Views

Tomas Johansson

I've been using the program for many years. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Sometimes the motivation has been in the goals of the program itself, like a front lever and so on. Much of the time it has been about getting a healthy body and being prepared for life and other activities. I'm 47 years and I want to keep doing what I love for as long as possible which means I need to take care of myself. My current goal is not processing through this program.

I just started skateboarding half a year ago and although it's good excercise it will probably cause issues if I don't take care.

Long story short, I want to do a minimum of maintance and gymnastics and as much skateboarding as possible since it requires a lot of time and energy but I want to keep healthy.

What I'm asking for, what would you concider a good checklist of strength and mobility for just being a human being? (Not an athlete but not a desk jockey either)

 

Joachim Hecht

Not very edaucated in this sport science things, but I think continuing foundation training is something to consider. Like the iMs of SLS for your knee health and generell joint preparation for „falling“? Mobile means healthy, so maybe Stretch Series? 

Good Luck for your „weekly schedule research“! To start skating at 47 years young is pretty awesome btw! 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Tomas, Coach Sommer gives a very good idea about the goal of the major part the people:

-restoring posterior chain mobility

-restore legs strength

-restore upper body mobility

-restore upper body strength.