This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Undergrip shoulder dislocates

Started by Marko Sekulic, May 24, 2018 · 6 Replies · 154 Views

Marko Sekulic

Hey guys, 

I must be dumbass, but I just cant do this exercise right...:facepalm: When I watch video it looks quite simple, but when I try it, something happens with my wrist (or shoulders, idk) and I mess up the grip, I cant maintained supinated grip...here are the photos of starting position and end position...can someone help me on this? :) 

Screenshot_2018-05-24-15-36-37.png

Screenshot_2018-05-24-15-37-16.png

Alessandro Mainente

It is completely normal, you cannot hold the same grip because the upper arm increases the internal rotation.

Marko Sekulic

 

3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It is completely normal, you cannot hold the same grip because the upper arm increases the internal rotation.

But how the athlete on the video maintain supinated grip during the entire movement? Should I work only half range of motion on this exercise, because I cant go back when my wrists turn like that, stick will slip away from my hands?..especially when I add some weight.

Alessandro Mainente

This means that your elbows flexor are pretty tight.

i'm forced to ask you to post the mastery of the previous IM.

Marko Sekulic
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

This means that your elbows flexor are pretty tight.

i'm forced to ask you to post the mastery of the previous IM.

Here it is...but I didnt mastered this exercise, just started working on it...Coach said in podcast that everyone should do weighted shoulder dislocates with both grip, pronated and supinated, so I add them in my warm up, 1 set of 10 reps with 2kg  of both grips...thats how I came up with this supinated grip issue. Also for pronated one, sometimes when I try to go narrower, my elbows starts to hurt. And I dont know is this because of same problem (elbows), but its just impossible for me to hold a false grip, and my wrist flexibility&strength improve a lot since I started H1 course.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Coach said a correct thing. but  allow me to make 2 considerations as an example:

- doing weightlifting within your BW added is a wonderful thing for your legs BUT does not mean that tomorrow you need to try snatch with your bw added;

-doing press to handstand is one of the best ways to balance your shoulder. this does not mean that tomorrow you have to perform 10 press to handstand.

Now, COach intention is to say that SOON or AFTER the dislocates must be included in your training BUT you must be prepared to do them, if not you cannot take the advantage of the exercise. the inability to perform the undergrip dislocates is a sign that you are not ready for them and this is confirmed by the form of you previous IM which must also be refined.

Now referring to your last video below:

-tip1: the shoulder must be elevated completely as you approach the vertical position (bar overhead) always.

-tip 2: notice how in the bottom part (bar on the back) the bar is not horizontal. I suggest you practice in front of a mirror and correct this problem. if you can't then the grip should be increased further.

 

Marko Sekulic

Yes, I absolutely agree with your 2 cosiderations. :) Thank you very much for your time, I will start H1 course from the begining, to make sure I master all mobility exercises correctly and prepare my shoulders and elbows for dislocations.

13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

This means that your elbows flexor are pretty tight.

i'm forced to ask you to  the mastery