Hi all,
i have been been stuck on RC PE2 step five for close to 3 months. I’ve started doing the exercise twice a week but I’m still hardly falling short of getting that 9th rep on the 4th set.
Any suggestions?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Arsen Giller, May 22, 2018 · 9 Replies · 414 Views
Hi all,
i have been been stuck on RC PE2 step five for close to 3 months. I’ve started doing the exercise twice a week but I’m still hardly falling short of getting that 9th rep on the 4th set.
Any suggestions?
Hey Arsen,
Here's one strategy that works for me in situations like this: since 36r is the total number of reps required to pass that step, and you just need a little bump to get there, try completing 7x5r, which is equal to the total # of reps you are completing now. If that's doable, which it should be, then next do 6x6r (36r total) for the next UB session. Finally, complete 5x8 (40r) and then proceed back to step 5.
That should give your body more than it needs to pass step 5 and set you up well for step 6. Please try it and report back...there are a number of ways to bust sticking points and this is just one method that works for me. I'm interested in seeing your results!
I also recommend using this time to submit a form check for this movement.
Ok. That’s an interesting idea. Do I still integrate the mobility between each set for the required amount of time?
3 hours ago, Arsen Giller said:Do I still integrate the mobility between each set for the required amount of time?
Yes, that is a must. Perform your mobility as usual between each set.
Does the pace and rest matter? IVe been following along with the video workouts which push the pace so there is no rest time between the set mobility and the next set.
Should i I stick to this pace with the new set/rep scheme you are suggesting?
Hey Everett... what he might be asking is, if as you suggest, one does 7x5 sets, or 35 reps ... do you still do a mobility set between every set? That would mean doing 7 sets of iM, at least two more sets of mobility than required. Might we be better off doing the required number of mobility sets and only doing extra sets of the strength portion? When I am doing extra steps on progressions where I am stuck on the strength component, I only do the number of required sets for mobility and do the extra only on the strength component... the thinking being if the strength component is the lagging part of the PE, then why exhaust even more by doing additional iM's?
Thoughts?
On 5/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, Arsen Giller said:Should i I stick to this pace with the new set/rep scheme you are suggesting?
Yes. Simply perform 7 sets of the PE and 7 of the iM, in the same fashion as you have been, with no additional rest in between. It's simply an extension of how you have already been training. No need to overcomplicate it.
If the strategy I've recommended seems too complicated, then the simpler alternative is to just go back and ensure you've properly mastered the previous steps.
22 hours ago, Bill Marr said:why exhaust even more by doing additional iM's?
The extra mobility is always important as it will balance out the extra strength work. I also prefer to keep the structure the same to train specifically for the goal of overcoming step plateaus and ultimately mastering. Training in this way builds a surplus of work capacity and allows for a quick return to scheduled programming.
So i started tonight. 7 x 6 reps. The idea is to do this twice in a week and then move on to 6 x7 and so forth. (I know I'm doing slightly more then suggested. I figured since i'm already doing 35-- failing on the last rep of set 4-- i should do a few more). I'll report on the progress. Thanks again for the suggestion and feedback.
Progress update?
I'm having a similar problem.
7 hours ago, Michael Pierce said:Progress update?
I'm having a similar problem.
HI Michael in order to understand why plateau occurs is always better posting first a video check...