This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/RC progressing at a Snails Pace! Help please

Started by Cory Vines, May 20, 2018 · 2 Replies · 210 Views

Cory Vines

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster. First just want to say thank you to all of the people that post advice on the forum, the coaches, and @Coach Sommer. I’ve been doing Foundations 1, Handstand, and the Stretch Series just over a year, since April 2017. I’ve progressed a ton in the stretch series, and a decent amount with core and lower body. However, upper body has been very very slow going. Have been on PE2s for HBP and RC for a year, and I have gotten my form approved by one of the coaches through a video form check submission. 

Current Progressions: SLS/PE5, HBP/PE2, RC/PE2, sPL/PE3, FL/PE4, SL/PE5, MN/PE5, HS/PE2, pHS/PE2, WP,FKP,WR,FTP all PE1 

To be full disclosure, in 2017 I was making the mistake of progressing to the next step too fast on HBP and RC. And I had to dial back a few steps on HBP/PE2 after submitting a form check video, because my shoulder protraction and PPT needed some work. Now I want to make sure I am not missing something else with my programming or sets/reps progressions, and get either advice or reassurance on my current approach.

Since April, I have been using Kaizen Sets as @Callum Muntz called them. Not progressing to the next step until I can do an additional set with as many reps as the other working sets. But my concern is, at this pace it will take me another 3-4 more months to achieve mastery for HBP and RC PE2s. Below are the past few weeks of HBP and RC training. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated! And I will completely understand if the answer is be patient, stick with it, and get back to work! lol

Week 1 (session 1) - HBP 4x12r + 1x8r / RC 3x6r + 1x4r

Week 1 (session 2) - HBP 4x12r + 1x9r / RC 3x6r +1x5r

Week 2 - Deload Week and workouts w/ 1/2 the volume. First Deload Week taken in months 

Week 3 -                    HBP 4x12r + 1x10r / RC 3x6r + 1x5r

Week 4 (session 1) - HBP 4x12r + 1x11r / RC 4x6r 

Week 4 (session 2) - HBP 4x12r + 1x12r / RC 4x6r

Week 5 (session 1) -  HBP 4x15r (doable but difficult) + 1x5r / RC 4x6r + 3r 

Luke Searra

Hey Cory, I am sure the other coaches will chip in as well. 

In my GST progress, I have always found that non-regular de-loading stifles my progress, that being said I definitely have much more work capacity that the typical human being. 

1) So my first piece of advice is to regularly deload.

2) "be patient, stick with it, and get back to work!"

3) I enjoy the "kaizen" process myself, please continue with it while you are progressing methodically and patiently and keep us updated about your gains and/or any future questions. No question is too big or to small.

Welcome to the GB Forum!!!

 

Joachim Hecht

So many of us here struggling with the same problem :( I‘m so happy everytime someone breaks through this „@&€-/ barrier and jealous at the same time:D one day we‘ll make it!