This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand PE 1

Started by Joachim Hecht, May 20, 2018 · 16 Replies · 158 Views

Joachim Hecht

Hey guys, 

uploaded a video of my last set of handstand pe 1. Looking forward to your suggestions!

Joey

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work Joachin. looking forward to seeing your IM.

Joachim Hecht

Thanks Alessandro! 

Forgot to film the iM this afternoon, so I did another take a couple of hours later. I use a 5kg plate for this iM. Let me hear what you think :) 

 

 

Luke Searra

Good work on your iM as well Joachim. Keep up the good work!

Joachim Hecht

Thanks guys! Aprecciate it! :)

 

Alessandro Mainente

The execution from the side is ok, now a back view is necessary for a 100% check.

Joachim Hecht

As you wish :) 

 

Alessandro Mainente

hi Joachim as you can see at 6 seconds..there is some level of internal rotation. on the other side, the IM1 should focus only on pure flexion which has nothing to do with internal rotation.

Joachim Hecht

Got it! I'll give you a new video soon!

Joachim Hecht

Just can't wait :D  Side and back view in one video for you! 

 

Joachim Hecht

@Alessandro Mainente @Luke Searra

Alessandro Mainente

hi Joachim, the correction is right. now as you can see the shoulder are not completely opened from the side. increase the grip and search for the one that permits a full 180° flexion.

Also notice that from the back the bar is not horizontal. try to correct it.

Joachim Hecht

Thanks a lot! Is it okay to continue with PE 2 and correct the little issues over time? Or should I stay with PE 1? I‘m going for a correction video tomorrow! 

Alessandro Mainente

The mastery standard of foundations and handstand requires that you MUST pass the requirement of a certain PE and couple IM before moving on. now, the PE is ok, the IM needs refinement.

Joachim Hecht

Patience Patience Patience! Just my inner Devil who‘s always asking... :icon_twisted:

Joachim Hecht

Hey @Alessandro Mainente

I tested mastery for my iM again! Looking forward to your suggestion! I hope that the angle is good enough for you! :) 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Joachim, now you can reduce the grip. mastery needs one hand less on both the sides.