Stall Bars- Top Bar

Started by Ryan Walker, May 17, 2018 · 2 Replies · 2,010 Views

Ryan Walker

I’m in the process of building a set of Stall Bars. I have looked on the other DIY post and have a good idea of what I’m doing. What’s the minimum distance offset for the top bar? Would 3 inches extended out from the other bars be enough? Does it matter how much space I have between the other bars and the wall?

I was going to do it without a extended top bar, but im thinking about offsetting the bars back toward the wall and offsetting the top bar forward to get the separation to add one. This would give me a few inches less than the other plans posted on the forum.

Ryan Walker

Update to my own post after finishing the bars. My plan doesn’t work. 3 inches is enough for the top bar, but it would push the other bars too close against the wall. I opted against it, because I didn’t want to risk rubbing my knuckles. I finished them without the top bar and will add a small extension later. 

Ryan Walker

12F5AD63-28E4-401A-A627-1F5DB2976199.jpeg