This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE 2 - Tight quad

Started by Matthew Semegran, May 14, 2018 · 2 Replies · 127 Views

Matthew Semegran

Hi everyone,


So I was playing around with the straddle ups today as I'm getting ready to start them, so this was after my core workout, so fatigue might be the issue. 


However, when I was tucking up, I could feel my left quad tightening up. So I can see how this might be a limiting factor at first.

 

Is this normal? Do I just need to do a little active stretching to loosen it up? If not, will it just loosen up given time? 

I can post a video if it'd help, but I have a feeling I wasn't compressing enough with my leg. 

 

Cheers,

Matt

Pauline Taube

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out!

It would definetely be helpful with a video. Tigthneas in the quads won’t get any better unless you address it specifically. Are you doing the Front Split course in addition to the Foundation series? This course will definetely be helpful in order to address quad tightness :) 

Matthew Semegran

Hi Pauline,

First off here is the link to the actual form check topic with videos:
 






 

UNLESS. I just thought about this as I'm typing it, in the front split series at the very end when I have my shin flat up on the wall, that part sucks. lol. I don't think I'm nearly as flexible in my quads as I am in my hamstrings. So that might be it. 


Anyways, feel free to respond in the new topic with videos so as to keep everything condensed  but I just wanted to respond to your question. 

 

 

Thanks Pauline!

Cheers,

Matt