This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Walks: going from PE1 to PE2

Started by Andrew Molina, May 13, 2018 · 2 Replies · 89 Views

Andrew Molina

Hi,

I recently transitioned from Wrist Walks PE1 to PE2 after submitting a mastery video and getting sign off and I’m finding it impossible to add so much weight to my wrists (45 degree body angle vs 0 degree body angle). 

Should I have been adding some lean during PE1? I feel surprised that having mastered PE1 didn’t leave me prepared to start PE2 and wondering if I missed something.

Thanks,

Andrew

Everett Carroll

Nope, you did everything correctly Andrew. 

Your goal now is to gradually work toward the position shown for PE2. At first, simply take a small step away from the wall and build comfortability in the position. From there, take another step away, and repeat the process, as many times as necessary until you can match the shape shown. Wrist work should always feel very easy, so don't force the final PE2 position right away. 

I had terrible wrist mobility here when I first went through these and ended up building to 5x5 3 times, in intermediate positions, before mastering the final PE2 position. Take your time.

Andrew Molina

@Everett Carroll that is super helpful and motivating. Thank you!