This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Replacing 1 stretch day with additional HS workout

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, May 13, 2018 · 9 Replies · 196 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hello all,

I am currently doing 1 HS, F7, FS, MS and TBS workout each week.

I want to add one more HS workout to progress faster while keeping my current 2 days off from training.

Seems that the only option I have is doing only two stretch days per week, either alternatig between the three stretch series or doing TBS every week and alternating the other two.

Will doing two stretch days per week limit my flexibility progress materially? If no, would you do TBS each week and alternate the other two or alternate the three stretch series?

Thanks

Feli

Mark Chin

I often do a HS workout and then one of the three stretch routines. YMMV, but my body responds well to volume and longer workouts. Try it and see what you think! This would allow you to keep your days off.  You will know pretty quickly if the volume is too much for your recovery capacity.

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Felipe Garcia Rosa said:

Hello all,

I am currently doing 1 HS, F7, FS, MS and TBS workout each week.

I want to add one more HS workout to progress faster while keeping my current 2 days off from training.

Seems that the only option I have is doing only two stretch days per week, either alternatig between the three stretch series or doing TBS every week and alternating the other two.

Will doing two stretch days per week limit my flexibility progress materially? If no, would you do TBS each week and alternate the other two or alternate the three stretch series?

Thanks

Feli

Yes, the mobility will be limited, if you want to cycle the stretch work you need to hold always the TB series and cycle between the 2 MS and FP stretch program.

Felipe Garcia Rosa
14 hours ago, Mark Chin said:

I often do a HS workout and then one of the three stretch routines. YMMV, but my body responds well to volume and longer workouts. Try it and see what you think! This would allow you to keep your days off.  You will know pretty quickly if the volume is too much for your recovery capacity.

Thanks @Mark Chin, I thought about it but its difficult for me to do more than one workout per day due to my working hours :(.

6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes, the mobility will be limited, if you want to cycle the stretch work you need to hold always the TB series and cycle between the 2 MS and FP stretch program.

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente, by limited you mean that I will progress slower, maintain or loose flexibility by doing TBS each week and cycling the other two?

Alessandro Mainente

If your goal is handstand the TB series is a must to restore the shoulder mobility. and you should not replace it.

Felipe Garcia Rosa
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

If your goal is handstand the TB series is a must to restore the shoulder mobility. and you should not replace it.

Cool Alex, will cycle just the other two.

Joachim Hecht

@Leo Trinidad and many others did FS and MS the same day, if this is an option for you. More time needed on one day but I usually made it! 

Felipe Garcia Rosa
1 hour ago, Joachim Hecht said:

@Leo Trinidad and many others did FS and MS the same day, if this is an option for you. More time needed on one day but I usually made it! 

Currently I have only an hour per day to workout so decided to cycle between FS and MS per week, but good to know that you can do them together!

Joachim Hecht

One course is about 40 minutes. Maybe you can „fill up“ to the full hour with some exercises of the other course to minimize the „negative effects“ of just doing one course per week? 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Yeah maybe thats better than not doing anything of the other course