This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 Mobility; Can I move on to PE3 for strength

Started by Devon Devine, May 12, 2018 · 1 Replies · 105 Views

Devon Devine

My headstand is good (easy) but raising the weighted bar for mobility behind me is difficult. My understanding is that the standard for raising the weighted bar is to have hands shoulder width apart and then raise the bar up to parallel with shoulders. I am not at that standard. Can I still move on to PE3 for the strength part of the training?

Thanks,

Devon

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Devon,

Great to hear you are feeling good with your headstand progress. I do understand that there so much excitement to progress faster. You can very well move up to he next progression without mastering standing shoulder extensions, but what most people soon find out is that you will inevitably have to come back to them.

And trust when I say that, failing to address your shoulder extension, will lead to poor handstand mechanics and as a result  you can learn bad habits in handstand that will eventiually need to be corrected.

With that said, we highly recommend taking the time to address your shoulder mobility. If you are eager to try the next progression, you can most definitely experiment with the next progression after your handstand workout. But we don’t recommend skipping a progression because it’s going to take time to address.