This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS 1: PE 7 + IM Form Check

Started by Matthew Semegran, May 11, 2018 · 1 Replies · 45 Views

Matthew Semegran

Hello, 

Finally feeling strong back on the wall, so figured I'd post a form check.

The first few seconds are me getting comfortable. Also it's hard to tell but my toes are pointed, I can re-shoot this if that needs to be verified.

 

How's my lower back? Watching this I can see where I tighten my glutes to try and get that flat back. Is that PPT? I was never 100%. So if the tight glutes with flat back is PPT then I totally feel that and can see I need to work on holding that throughout. 


Also, what the hell is with my shoulders? lol When I'm in the hold they feel even and like they're being pressed to my ears, but watching this my left one definitely looks higher. Is it my hand spacing? Or am I favoring my right side to much or little?

 

 

IM Form check:
 

The first few reps are always a bit of battle to get the weight to lay flat. Sorry, just ignore that lol. 

Otherwise, how am I?

 


Thanks!

Matt

Pauline Taube

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your submission.

From the Handstand video it looks like you need to work on keeping your core tight and ppt as you mentioned. You want to keep your core and glutes strongly engaged at all time. It would be helpful if you could upload another video with a side view. For the shoulder position you want to push both of your shoulders up towards your ears.

the iM is looking good. Just make sure to make every rep slow and smooth :)