This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

NEW

Started by shinobi1, April 13, 2010 · 7 Replies · 969 Views

shinobi1

Hi, Im new to this forum and new to gymnastic training. I am not new to training and have a decent strength base.

I am 5'11" and 160lbs with 11% BF. I am currently going to a gymnastics gym but I also have some equipment to train at home with.

I can go to the gym M W F with my friends who drive. I also have access to a gym if needed. My main focus is strength and learning the most difficult moves/holds possible. My normal training day will include, a warm up, skill training, whole body conditioning, and stretching.

Some of my goals include:

planche

Back lever

v sit (almost there)

flag

back flip

iron cross

press to handstand

handstand

Some things I would like to get better at are:

Dragon flags

front lever

HLR

hanging windshield wipers

front flip

circles

muscle up and burpees for conditioning (a personal challenge)

pistols

Handstands

HSPUs

Pullups

Seiji

I like the

"some of my goals include:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-"

lol

It's ok, I'm the same way LOL

Just take them 2-3 at a time. Good luck! If you need anything, we'll be around.

shinobi1

I said my main focus is strength but since the founder of this site is an accual gymnastics coach I wouldnt mind becoming a full blown gymnast, and maybe even compete with my universitys club.

ok, so here are some of my past workouts

3/24/10

Warmup: tramopline and rope climbing 15-20min

Circles for about 30 min(got my first full circle today)

I also practiced handstands as active rest

turned out ring supports 7x5 sec

stretching 30 min

3/26/10

warmup: trampoline and rope climbing

B twist practice (got it pretty good on mats) about 30 min

front tuck prcatice (got it great on mats and a little sloppy on floor) about 30 min

circle practice during the btwist and front practice (I got 2 full circles today)

4x5 superset

muscle up

leg raises on stahl bars

1 pistol

5 pistols with 2kg counter balance

-yeah I know I need to work on that, it looks like my leg strength has dropped, that probably because I did almost no direct leg work in almost 6 months

3/27/10

saturdays are my grip training day...

2 hours of rock climbing

03/29/2010

warmup: trampoline and rope climbing

front layout practice in pit, about 60 min

- I wanted to get my front tucks on floor but I was force to learn front layout. I landed one, so I should be able to do them in the pit well, very soon.

2x5 half fly ring pushups

2x15 ring pushups

3xmax partner asisted back lever (less than 5 sec each)

2xmax partner asisted flag (about 5 sec each)

30 burpees

-I would have done more but I was winded, yeah I know im out of shape.

30 min stretching

03/31/2010

Warmup: trampoline and rope climbing

circles for about 20 min

-got my max to 3, which is pretty good considering a week ago I couldnt do 1, at this rate I will ad a circle a day (trained) to my max.

then I tried to learn press to handstand, I did a circuit of:

3 kneeling press to hand stands (basically using momentum)

about 1 or 2 atempts at a regular press to handstand

5 reverse leg raises

superset

4x3 HSPUs

4x10 pullups/chinups (alternated sets)

-didnt do legs because I was trying to convince my friend to coach us and I ran out of time, plus I was a little sore from monday so I guess the rest was needed

04/02/2010

Warm up: trampoline and rope climbing

Front tuck practice

- finally got them on floor, now I just need to work on them a little more

Handstand practice

-havent done any in a while, I need to get back into it

circle practice

-max is 5 circles now, which is good for me, I just need to get them more consistant now

Front layout practice

-disapointing, I made no progress on this today

3x20sec tuck planche

superset:

4x5 tuck planche dips

4x5 dips

02/03/2010

No rock climbing today =(

instead I did some prehab with my dynaflex2x20sec OAC lock out

Again I didnt do legs... but it doesnt bother me too much because doing flips works your legs a good deal

04/05/2010

Today was pommel horse day

warmup: trampoline and rope climbing

did about 15 min each

circles (on mushroom)

walk around the horse with your hands, its a basic pomel horse drill

lateral leg raises (forgot the real name)

leg circles " "

handstand (on floor)

4 round circuit:

10 pullup/chinup

5 Lsit to tuck planche

5 ring dips

I was sort for time due to fraternizing so I rushed my circuit

04/07/2010

warmup: tramp and rope

I did two supersets today,

5 sets of:

mini ring routine (muscleup, swings, skin the cat, BW curl, swings, back flip dismount

3-5 Lsit to shoulder stand atempts on rings

4 sets of:

flat back lever atempt

10 sec tuck back lever

5 front lever pulls

rise to front lever

Stretching

04/10/2010

Some of my other friends came to the gym so I did some random thing, dont really remember them.

Anyway for conditioning I did,

4 sets of swings on p-bars until I broke form

4x10 reverse hyperextentions

2x5 switch grip pullups

1x10 pullups

1x10 chinups

04/12/2010

Warmup: tramp and rope

did some line drills (cart wheels, handstands, round offs, etc)

front flips (trying to improve my form)

4x15 BW rows

4x20 pushups

I know I should try to get them even, but I can do more pullups than HSPU so, IDK

Any questions, feeback, or suggestions would be greaty appreciated

shinobi1
Seiji said:
I like the

"some of my goals include:

-

-

-"

lol

It's ok, I'm the same way LOL

Just take them 2-3 at a time. Good luck! If you need anything, we'll be around.

lol, yeah and those are just my short term goals... you should see the list of all my long term ones :D

Seiji

Basically my list of goals ended up being all the strength skills :P

Do you trick/do wushu? You wrote btwist... They have them in gymnastics actually, they're called Tong Fei.

braindx

You may want to read the bodyweight programming guide in my sig..

shinobi1
Seiji said:
Basically my list of goals ended up being all the strength skills :P

Do you trick/do wushu? You wrote btwist... They have them in gymnastics actually, they're called Tong Fei.

yeah pretty much the same here... Some of my friend are into tricking (aslo breakdancing) and Im not a gymnast (yet) but even my gymnastic friends called it a btwist. thanks for the info though

braindx said:
You may want to read the bodyweight programming guide in my sig..

Thank Ill check it out it looks thorough, is that your blog?

shinobi1

Gym was closed this week so I cant do an official workout, I am still doing abveriated workouts but I wont post them