This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB Unlimited: default stretch schedule vs forum comments

Started by Jonathan Frank, May 11, 2018 · 1 Replies · 277 Views

Jonathan Frank

I'm on week 5 of the GB unlimited program using the workout calendar schedule that is prescribed automatically on my dashboard. It appears the default (and repeating) stretch series puts Middle Split every Tuesday followed by Front Split every Wednesday (Thoracic on Fridays).

While reading deeper into the forum comments (often looking for answers to the new challenges I'm facing and/or modifications to exercises) the mods / coaches tend to recommend that the stretch sessions get separated with a day in between for CNS and tissue recovery.

I'm simply curious as to whether there's a specific reason (or reasons) the automated programming places front and side splits on back to back days... is there any particular benefit or difference? It actually fills the schedule that way when clicking "Use Coach Sommer's Recommended" in the customization screen. I know I could just customize the schedule and spread it out. I also realize the front vs side  targets different areas (and that some of the forum comments I've read are pre-GB Unlimited). Thanks in advance - I'm only hoping this adds to the conversation vs just making noise on here. 

A. T. KOVALAKIDIS

Hey Jonathan!

I just completed my first week of GB Unlimited and that seems like a legit question. I would also like to know the answer to that if someone can enlighten us.