This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Compound movements

Started by Ian Forest-Jones, May 10, 2018 · 1 Replies · 93 Views

Ian Forest-Jones

The most email newsletter promotes the compound movements of the GB program (https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/compound-movements/).  This got me to thinking of the four movements provided in the Fundamentals program (eg Crab walk, Lizard, etc).  At the time, I thought these were actually quite good movements.

Now I am into the Foundations One program and Stretching series.  I am using the daily limber set provided in Fundamentals on the days I am not doing a stretching set.

I am now considering adding the compound movements from the Fundamentals program as warm ups.  Would anyone like to comment?  Would this be beneficial or unnecessary?  Do these movements come up in the Foundations program?  I am still in the Beginner phase of Foundations One and don't know what exercises or movements come up later.

Alessandro Mainente

If they are a warm-up they can be good. As you mobility increases they will extremely good. 

As you progress in the foundations and handstand you will have many compounds movements like:

-hollowback press that combines different planes of pressing;

-pullover that combines different planes of pulling;

-manna and human flag: that combines different planes of core work 

Once foundations is mastered some exercises like muscles up combines pressing and pulling and so on.