This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Middle Split Emphasis?

Started by Zach Nielsen, May 9, 2018 · 1 Replies · 115 Views

Zach Nielsen

So, like many people on the forum, my middle split is really bad.  I have made progress for sure over the last two years, we do the workout every week, but I thought things would go faster for me.  Anyway, I know patience is the answer.  Technical question...  Should I focus on bringing my chest to the floor before I focus on the distance between my ankles?  Or should I focus on both?  Right now when I am warmed up I can get past 90 degrees... Maybe 110 if you think of the distance between my ankles in the middle split, but my chest has a long way to go to reach the floor.  So should I maybe reduce my ankle distance and focus on the bend forward or focus on the distance between my ankles widening or both at the same time?

Zach

Everett Carroll

Hey Zach,

Can you submit a video of your position? For the pancake stretches, approximately a 90-degree angle at the hips/groin is good. It sounds like you might be too wide. A front and side view of your position would be great to see.