This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted pancake

Started by Jin Liu, May 9, 2018 · 8 Replies · 260 Views

Jin Liu

Does it look like I’m ready for it? 

 

Coach Sommer

Nice start.

One detail that immediately caught my eye however; do not allow the feet/legs to roll inward during your descent into the pancake.  Always keep the feet either straight up or, even better, slightly externally rotated.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jin Liu

Will do. Thanks so much, coach!! :) 

Alessandro Mainente

IN case of coach's Sommer advice, consider a strong stretch of the piriformis.

Jin Liu
6 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

IN case of coach's Sommer advice, consider a strong stretch of the piriformis.

Do you mean Stretching the piriformis helps keep the hips externally rotated in the pancake? Good to know! I also notice some slight hip internal rotation when I lift. I’ll start stretching the piriformis before my lifts and the wtd pancake. Two birds one stone! Thanks coach!

Alessandro Mainente

Absolutely yes. damn piriformis!

Suzanna McGee
On 5/10/2018 at 6:41 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Absolutely yes. damn piriformis!

oooh, so that is probably a solution to ALL my life problems as well...:P  my external rotation is quite bad (and especially with extended, not flexed hips)... would more piriformis stretching help my external rotation when hips extended as well?  

Alessandro Mainente

Absolutely yes.

Mark Chin

1. Holy crap, Coach weighed in on your form check. Cool! 

2. I hope that some day when I grow up I can have a pancake like yours. 

Way to go! Now go get those wall runs. (: