This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastery for Twisting Arch Ups SL/PE5

Started by Guido Franchetti, May 8, 2018 · 4 Replies · 130 Views

Guido Franchetti

What is the mastery standard for this one? On the course library page it says 5x10r@ (5x 10 reps on each side, so a set would be 20 reps total), but this would be harder than PE6, and I've seen mastery check videos with 5r@. So which one is right?

Everett Carroll

Hey Guido,

SL/PE5 is 5x10r@ (20 total). SL/PE6 is 5x10r total (10 total). I know this for sure because my girlfriend mastered all of the arch-up variations strictly a couple of years ago and still talks about the pain. Though, her nightmares might have something to do with tricking her into believing PE4 mastery was 5x25r :D When in doubt, assume the worst. 

Guido Franchetti
21 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Guido,

SL/PE5 and SL/PE6 are 5x10r@. I know this for sure because my girlfriend mastered all of the arch-up variations strictly a couple of years ago and still talks about the pain. Though, her nightmares might have something to do with tricking her into believing PE4 mastery was 5x25r :D When in doubt, assume the worst. 

Thanks Everett!

sigh, I should not have asked...
For PE6 10r@ means that one set is 10 circles clockwise and 10 counter-clockwise?

Everett Carroll

@Guido Franchetti I guess I didn't know for sure :facepalm: because when I checked the follow along video for PE6, it was 5x10. I edited my original reply to reflect this, but just to be sure it's clear, here are the official rep schemes based on the follow-along videos: 

SL/PE4: 5x10r

SL/PE5: 5x10r@

SL/PE6: 5x10r

Guido Franchetti

Now tell your girlfriend! :P