This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

He/pe4 form check

Started by Erlend Hunstad 158922, May 7, 2018 · 4 Replies · 52 Views

Erlend Hunstad 158922

Hs/pe4

 

Hi, I just wanted to check if I am doing this one right. I haven’t used the form checks, and fore some reason, I am a bit nervous

I am unsure if I am doing something wrong with my ribs or liver back. , or if I am on track. My left shoulder is a bit stiff compared  to my right. This makes more problems when I trie the handstand against the wall. 

I have gone back a few steeps to make sure I am progressing correctly 

Feedback is appriciated. 

Mikey Cunanan

Hello Erlend,

Thanks for taking the time to post a video. My advice to you is to focus on pulling the ribcage down towards the floor. This will better engage your core to mimick the activation needed for a handstand. Think “ribs in”.

In addition, your goal is to hold the bar just above the floor, not letting your arms rest on the ground. This will keep the exercise active (where your muscles are engaged to support the position) as opposed to passive (resting in position).

That will lead to a better handstand line.

Alessandro Mainente

Tuck your chin Erlend!

Erlend Hunstad 158922

Thanks guys!

i knew there was more to this. It just seemed to lazy letting the arms lay there. 

I will tuck my chin and do some more. 

What are the cues/feelings I should search for before continuing?

Alessandro Mainente

Nothing too complex, use the corrections we wrote and move on.