While doing handstand practice by walking towards wall, once i get closer to the wall I fear of falling down , how can I overcome this?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Handstand by walking towards the wall
Started by Madhusudhan Nandikolla, May 7, 2018 · 1 Replies · 145 Views
It's just a mental thing you will get over in time. Start out with hands farther away from the wall and each time go closer. If your body is straight or hollow the only way you will fall over is if your feet go over your head. This would only be an issue when you are literally right against the wall. It's actually quite hard to fall forward doing wall handstands. I practice rolling out of wall handstands and I literally have to push myself off the wall in order to overbalance. You could put mats down and practice rolling out of a wall handstand to overcome the fear. I did that and the fear went away because I knew IF I did happen to overbalance I could just roll out, but I have never fallen over on my back from a wall handstand even when my wrists were against the wall. I'm sure some coaches might have some better suggestions as well though. This was just how I got over it.