Hello everyone!
I'll try to keep this brief. In summer last year I got severe tendonitis in my long head bicep tendon. It started out from overdoing pull ups.
I have gone to two doctors and also 3 physiotherapist's, and one of these was able to actually help me somewhat (in the sense that he told me to do negative hammercurls) Along with rest, deep tissue massage and a combination of negative hammercurls with different intensity it finally went away. I also did rotator strengthening, stretching, mobility and you name it.
During rehab time I only did pulling exercises supinated, this is key. No pain or anything here. Pronated pulling, though, problems arise very fast. I started doing BW pull ups and pendlay rows pronated about 2 months ago and now my tendonisis has flared up again, I first felt it yesterday. It instantly made me very depressed, and now I am in the thought process of walking away from training altogether since it seems I am maybe injured for life
I am tired of incompetence guys, most of the people I talked to about my injury couldn't help me at all (and mind you these are educated people) and just said oh your are tight just stretch, or oh just rest you have trained too hard. The thing is they know basically nothing of tendon injuries. I knew more after a couple of hours on google. I tried to convince them to x ray me but they refused several times, stating you don't do that for these kind of injuries since you can't see anything either way. I tried to argue and convince them to think outside the box but.. no.
I have educated myself as much as I possibly can but it isn't enough. I'm lost. I know there are knowledgeable people on this forum so I thought just maybe someone here could help me. I possess adequate strength and mobility in my rotators. My shoulder mobility is very good compared to normal standards, my scapular control and mobility is decent. My forearms and upper arms are not tight, my back is not tight. All of the above of course is as far as I know, which maybe isn't that much.
I can perform all pulling movements supinated, so we know that pronation has something to do with the problem. If I pronate my forearm, flex my elbow to 90degrees and abduct my shoulder so my upper arm is horisontal, and do small circles with my shoulder I aggrevate the tendon big time. After I come out of this position I can feel tension relieving from the tendon and also elevated pain. These circles are also "difficult" for me to do, I feel weakness in the shoulder when I do it and I get fatigued fast. I discovered this movement today, none of the therapists could aggrevate my tendon by moving my arm and shoulder when i met them. So maybe this could be some sort of key to the root of my problem, since the bicep tendon usually is injured because of problems elsewhere.
Anyone have any ideas? It would really mean the world to me.