This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPE/PE1

Started by Bas Albinus, May 4, 2018 · 1 Replies · 32 Views

Bas Albinus

https://youtu.be/kii2eM4bYqo

I'm trying to get the mechanics on this straight. 

1) can't keep my shoulders depressed when pinching

2) can't keep my elbows fully locked

3)catching a little slack in my ppt at the bottom of the movement.

Somehow it feels like it's mechanically impossible to fully pinch the scaps while depressing. They just want to elevate to get more ROM to fully pinch.

It seems to get a bit better if I place my hands more than shoulder width apart, esp if the forearms are externally rotated (fingers pointing L/R instead of to the front).

I'm surprised how bad my form is though, filming it for the first time now...

Any hints, pointers, priority focus will be much appreciated!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Bas Albinus,

You are doing okay. It will get better as your mobility gets better. Make sure that you work on your Thoracic Bridge. My advise is to try it with a little bit wider hands apart. One reason why your elbows are microbending is weakness in the scaps.