This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake shoulder 90s mssse14

Started by Juan Martinez 246408, May 2, 2018 · 3 Replies · 96 Views

Juan Martinez 246408

Does any body have any tips or recommendations for getting the shoulder lower for this position? 

Everett Carroll

Hi Juan,

We have a few ways to boost progress with this one. The one we suggest depends on your current level of flexibility. Is it possible for you to send in a video or photo of your current ROM here?

A stretch strap around the foot is the simplest way to pull yourself a little deeper. 

Holding a dumbbell overhead is a bit harder but the added weight increases the stretch significantly. Let's see where you're at and decide on the best strategy.

Fiona Silk

@Everett Carroll - I also find this hard. I feel like it's the side of my body that's holding me back - maybe my lats and obliques?! Could this be the case? I find the middle spilts are progressing, but feel tight along the side of my body. Is it worth adding some extra stretches in (there are a few in F1 that I can think of) to improve this area?

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

@Fiona Silk Absolutely. The side body mobility drills from SL in Foundations are great for opening up the obliques and lats. SL/PE10-12>iM specifically are excellent drills to add in if you are tight in those areas.