This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Push ups and dips

Started by ROBERT Burtchell, April 28, 2018 · 2 Replies · 248 Views

ROBERT Burtchell

What is the more advantageous position for the shoulders to be in during the support position at the top of the rto dip, pbar dip, and push up? I ask because I noticed in the mirror yesterday that I was depressed and externally rotating, but highly protracted. It just looked very wrong, but brought questions when I I saw various pictures and videos with both a neutral and protracted shoulder positioning.

Alessandro Mainente

it depends on the support you are using. I'm used to depress and externally rotate in between the dip on standard dip bar, but it is simply impossible the external rotation on the rings.

ROBERT Burtchell
35 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

it depends on the support you are using. I'm used to depress and externally rotate in between the dip on standard dip bar, but it is simply impossible the external rotation on the rings.

Hey thanks for the feedback... I had some time to go through my F1 videos to actually watch the technique vs just the workout, and it was explained very well for the pbar dip.