This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check kneeling wrist walks PE3 and Headstand PE2

Started by Bronwyn Higgins, April 28, 2018 · 11 Replies · 224 Views

Bronwyn Higgins

Here is the last set of yesterday’s HS workout. Any pointers?

(Video has all of the kneeling wrist walks in a row, then headstand, then HS mobility.) 

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente

hi Bronwyn, for all the exercise the goal is slow down the speed but more important keep the shoulder over the wrists all the time.

Bronwyn Higgins

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! The comment about shoulders over wrists makes sense, thanks for that! 

I have looked at the videos to get a good speed reference, but cannot tell what is a good tempo to aim for. Any pointers? 1sec per motion? 2sec? Thanks!

 

Everett Carroll

Just move naturally, Bronwyn :) Don't overthink the tempo of this wrist work. If you really want specific tempo guidance, match the tempo of the course videos. 

Bronwyn Higgins

Okay. Here is some experimenting today. Only 2 reps at a time instead of 5. 

I thought my shoulders were above wrists on the first one, but still not enough! 

This pace feels natural, but I could see how it looks a bit jerky. What do you think, @Everett Carroll, @Alessandro Mainente? 

Thanks guys! 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Bronwyn,

Nice progress. Focus on keeping your elbows totally straight during the wrist push-up walks. They remained straight on the other 3 but bent slightly during the WP progression.

Bronwyn Higgins

I will keep working on it. Thank you @Everett Carroll!

Bronwyn Higgins

@Everett Carroll how does this look? 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Looks good to me! Nice work. 

Bronwyn Higgins

awesome! thanks @Everett Carroll!

Nils Kernell

Thanks for sharing your progress Bronwyn!

I have a quick question for these excersises. I also super-set them like you do, doing all four in a row and resting afterwards and then repeating for the total number of sets.

Is this as intended or should I rest between each excersise completing one at the time?

Thanks,

Nils

 

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on the time you have, probably if I want to work on superset i would put one exercise followed by another where I work on different muscles of the wrists so that the previous i trained can recover a bit.