This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Additional Training

Started by Andrew Hird, April 28, 2018 · 2 Replies · 177 Views

Andrew Hird

Hello,

I have just started foundations 1, handstand 1 and middle split training.

I have also started powerlifting (bench press, squat and deadlift only), and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to incorporate this during weekly training to compliment my gymnastics training?

I appreciate any help or ideas.

Thank you,

Andrew

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Andrew, considering the nature of the powerlifting, it can decrease the amount of progress on GB and vice versa. this because the body can do better only one single thing at a time. consider that benchpress influences all the pressing element from planche to hollow back press, deadlift influences the pulling movement as front lever progression and rope climbing progression.

The possibility to implement both the thing depends basically on your fitness level, your past training, your ability to recover etc something that I cannot know..so is hard give you a precise suggestion, I can be conservative on suggesting that you can insert one single session of powerlifting and see how it goes.

Andrew Hird

Thanks mate.

I’ve been doing Bodyweight and weight training (bodybuilding) for about 5 years, I usually eat pretty clean and around 3200 calories a day, with about 7 hours of sleep.

I had a feeling it would be more of a hindrance doing both but I’m enjoying them both so much also that it’s hard to choose!

i appreciate the response.

Cheers,

Andrew