This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE12 Vertical body lever

Started by Jin Liu, April 26, 2018 · 7 Replies · 132 Views

Jin Liu

Here's two separate sets of two. How does it look? :unsure:

 

Nick Murray

What's the difference between this and a body lever?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jin there still some corrections are needed:

-you have the common tendency of beginning the exercise from the feet rather than the hips. the body is a single unit and the already mastered hollow position. move your hips and the feet will move as a consequence.

-you elbow are a bit bent;

Hey Nick, the primary different is the extension of the elbow while in the normal one there is a 90° elbow flexion.

 

 

Jin Liu
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jin there still some corrections are needed:

-you have the common tendency of beginning the exercise from the feet rather than the hips. the body is a single unit and the already mastered hollow position. move your hips and the feet will move as a consequence.

-you elbow are a bit bent;

Hey Nick, the primary different is the extension of the elbow while in the normal one there is a 90° elbow flexion.

 

 

Thanks coach!! Will work on fixing those :) 

Jin Liu
10 hours ago, Nick Murray said:

What's the difference between this and a body lever?

 

Have you been doing your regular body lever like this? Congratulations you are further along the progression than you think :P 

Nick Murray

No, I'm officially on FL/PE5 :/ however I've been playing with a few things. PE13 is actually quite easy, even the mobility, but ....have to work on it all properly.

Jin Liu
14 hours ago, Nick Murray said:

No, I'm officially on FL/PE5 :/ however I've been playing with a few things. PE13 is actually quite easy, even the mobility, but ....have to work on it all properly.

Interesting. I found PE13 very hard for me. I can't keep my body straight. It doesn't look like a technique type of exercise. I wonder if there's some muscles needed there I never used...

Nick Murray

I think you need a slight hollow body position so that you stay clear of the bar. For me, PE13 needs lots of posterior deltoid, more than anything else. The first time I tried PE13, I was profoundly tired for days afterwards. It was really odd.