This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

overcoming a plateau

Started by Andreas Von Keitz, April 25, 2018 · 7 Replies · 145 Views

Andreas Von Keitz

Good afternoon.

I am a very frequent user of Foundation (now level 3), HS, and Stretch Series. Knowing that progress takes time and consistency counts, I find myself on a plateau since 2-3 months on SPL and FL. I am able to do Open Front Lever Bent Leg and Open Planche (15 sec x4). However it is very hard to get to next level. I know I have to work on core and doing  e.g. hollow body holds, hanging leg raises etc.etc. 

I would be grateful if you could share experience/ tips to succeed the plateau I am on.

thanks

KR

Andreas

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Andreas please post in the correct section of the subforum and I'll have the pleasure to help you if I can.

Andreas Von Keitz

can you help me which subforum you mean? thanks. Andreas

Alessandro Mainente

The private forum has subsections for the corresponding elements. Can you post your form execution?

Andreas Von Keitz

Alessandro, I am afraid. where exactly shall I post my question in the private forum? which subsection? thanks

Everett Carroll

Hey Andreas,

Post the video in the section of the forum that corresponds with the course it's in. If the exercise is in Foundation One, then post in that subsection. For example, all of the hollow body holds are in Foundation one, so you'd post here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/forum/78-form-checks/

We're looking forward to helping! Nothing to be afraid of on here. We're all here to support and help one another. 

Andreas Von Keitz

Thanks Everett, my question is more about your experience on how long it will take and what is needed to take next progression steps (I am now working towards end of foundation 3). I think I have to invest more in middle and lower back exercises to achieve next level in SPL and FL. I can do open front lever bent leg and eg open planche but now very hard to get to next level. Is there something I am missing or is it „Just“ patience and consistency?

thanks for your advice,

andreas

Everett Carroll

Just keep working through the progressions as described. If you're struggling or want to improve on a specific element, then a post dedicated to that exercise is best. Plateau and progress help is easiest to provide after we have training footage and full context.