This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout Structure

Started by Jakob Rasmussen, April 24, 2018 · 6 Replies · 220 Views

Jakob Rasmussen

Hello GB!

I have been doing Foundation, H1+H2 & Stretch for almost a year and absolutly love it! My body feels better than it ever has before. 

But I have a question about setting up a proper weekly schedule.

My weakest link is deffently my core and I wonder if it would be a good idea to split it it two, so I do FL and SL on one day and MN on another?

I have also noticed that my legs take some time to recover so maybe it would be best to split MN, SLS, H2, Side Split and Front split into 2 days?

My biggest goal for this year is a 30 sec handstand so I would prefer to do that 2-3 days a week.

Lastly would it be a good idea to have a F7 day, to maintain the easier parts of F1?

Sorry about all the questions in one post. I'm just a little confused. It seems like a lot of work suddently :D

Everett Carroll

Hey Jakob,

Thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear your body is feeling great! That said, don't try to reinvent the wheel. Keep it simple and do each workout as prescribed. If your main training goal is to achieve a handstand, then train that more often. Those workouts aren't very long, and they don't need to be. Frequency beats intensity when it comes to skill development. 

As for the other workouts, get one of each every week and don't worry about rearranging the elements. Have you tried sticking to Coach Sommer's recommended schedule for a sustained period?

Jakob Rasmussen

Hey Everett,

Thank you for quick reply.

Yes I follow it as often as possible but I think my  hamstrings is pretty weak as well because I can't performe my best on the front split when I do middle split and the im work for MN the previous days. Also my H2 exercises is often impossible because of it so I end up not doing it :facepalm: 

Everett Carroll

Have you tried simply reducing the intensity of your stretch sessions? What would you grade your current level of effort during the stretch workouts, on a 1-10 scale?

1= I'm just sitting in the position and might fall asleep

10= I'll get into the middle splits today or rip my thighs apart trying

Jakob Rasmussen

Haha I like that scale. I would say 9-10 so I guess I have my answear there... Still can't get all the calf work done without having DOMS for 3-4 days and I just push on hoping it will adjust. Maybe not the smartest approach? 

But about the core. Most of it is the beginning of F1 and most upper body is halfway through F2 is there anything I can do about that? Should I just keep moving with upper body?

Everett Carroll

1. Yep, sounds like that was the problem. It's a good thing you posted! This is what the forum is for. Drop the intensity to about a 3-4 and let us know how that feels after a week or two. Do the same for your integrated mobility work if you're in the 9-10 range with those too.

2. Yes, keep moving on. It's totally normal to get spread out. My suggestion is to start sending in form checks for everything, starting with PE1. Before continuing to crank through the progressions, check your form. The sooner we can help you catch form adjustments (if any) the better your long-term progress will be. 

 

Jakob Rasmussen

I will do that. Thank you!