This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Caving in chest help

Started by Leigh Kettle, April 23, 2018 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hi guys

a recurrent theme with me in many form check of various exercises is the ability (or inability) to be able to “cave in my chest “ suck in my sternum etc ...

im often being told to do this to make my form better

the issue I’m having is I’m really struggling to do this and tell myself the cue to be able to do it - especially when inverted where it really becomes apparent for me that I struggle to do it 

one example is tiptoe press from the handstand series . I was told by Alex to cave the chest in but just can’t seem to manage any movement in my chest at all or even remotely begin to understand what I need to be cueing myself to do 

other examples are supine band pulls, shoulder flexion chest press from the thoracic series, to name a few 

hopefully someone out there may be able to give me a cue or exercises I could do that may help me here

btw I’m already doing all 3 stretch series and hs1 and 2 as well as foundation but nothing I’ve found addresses this specifically as of yet 

Giulio Pizzini

You could give this a try

Leigh Kettle

Thanks man appreciate that

i actually came Across this brilliant post a while back but had so much I needed to work on I had to prioritise other things 

thanks for reminding me about it 

Leigh 

Giulio Pizzini

Tell me about it, I have so many things I need to work on that I keep forgetting them. Once in a while I suddenly remember some exercise I decided to do daily and totally forgot about  :)