This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fasted Morning Training

Started by Aaron Hughson, April 23, 2018 · 2 Replies · 103 Views

Aaron Hughson

Hi Guys,

 

 

Just wanted to check out what the opinions of others are regarding morning workouts while fasted? My general go is 15 minutes meditation, 10 minutes of rope at a pace of around 100 skips/minute, limber, WOD. I’m in the beginning phases of foundation work and am working myself back up.

I do take a preworkout before going at it ( Legion Pulse, no plug) but only 1/2 serving. Let me know your thoughts and if whether I could make it better. I get up at 4:30 am btw.

Douglas Wadle

I work out fasted almost every morning.  Usually get up and read for an hour with a cup of coffee (which does have a little heavy cream in it), followed by 90 minutes of strength workout, followed by a post-workout shake, which is BCAA's, flax, banana, almond milk, oatmeal, spirulina.  I find it's nice to have an empty stomach for workouts.

Aaron Hughson

@Douglas Wadle I am an avid coffee drinker, but oddly enough I don’t drink coffee in the morning. Only on the weekends. My post workout meal is 4 Omega 3 eggs and a fish oil supplement. I never do any mainline carbs at breakfast, guess I thought that was the point when breakfast fat and protein was introduced. I was previously doing 3 eggs but was snacking up to lunch, now with 4 hunger comes around 10:30 am but I eat at 12 noon so easily satisfied with my resistance.