This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall Bar Reverse Leg Lift

Started by Maurice Peerani, April 22, 2018 · 1 Replies · 165 Views

Maurice Peerani

May I please someone who's familiar with this topic to shed some light on as to which specific joints & muscles are being targeted for this routine?  I tend to feel it a little bit in my lats, but am curious for the WHY behind this activity?   

Keep in mind, I'm not complaining about this, I'm eager to understand better what part of my side lever development am I polishing off?  Appreciate y'alls' insight!

 

 

Nick Murray

Normally the lats pull the arms towards the body. In this exercise, the arms are fixed, so the lats pull the body towards the arms (until your grip fails).

Similarly, the spinal erector muscles usually straighten the spine from the sacrum up to the neck - think about what happens when your back is supporting a back squat.

In this exercise, the spinal erectors straighten your back from the mid/upper back down to the sacrum.

You need to be able to feel the difference so you can  control your posture in space once you start the arm-support-only elements of side lever.