This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson Curl - Form Check

Started by Steven Baluta, April 21, 2018 · 5 Replies · 95 Views

Steven Baluta

Hi gymnastic bodies forum! This is my first post on the forums here, and excited to try it out. I have been working at the program since June 2017.

I wanted to make sure my form for Jefferson Curls is alright. I have a bit of anterior pelvic tilt causing me a bit of pain. So I want to make sure that I am doing the J curls correctly.

Thank you for any help you can give :)

Video: 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forum!

There’s a few key points I want you to focus on here:

- make sure to keep a posterior pelvic tilt.

- keep your knees locked

- curl down through each vertebrae in your spine, try to slow down the movement a bit to begin with

I hope this helps. Looking forward to see your progress :) 

Steven Baluta

Thank you. I am struggling to get posterior pelvic tilt and straight knees in general. I’ll keep working at it.

Pauline Taube

I highly recommend to begin with the Stretch series, especially the Front Split course if you are not already working on it :) this will definetely help you to refine your form

Mikey Cunanan

Hey @Steven Baluta

A neat little trick to help keep the correct pelvic position is to start with your knees bent ever so slightly.

This will feed some slack into your hips and will allow you to better tilt your pelvis posteriorly.

Steven Baluta

Thank you @Pauline Taube. Yes, I am doing the three stretch series and the the foundation 1 days. I hit each session about once per week!

 

@Mikey Cunanan I will try that out on my Jefferson curl work tomorrow.