This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Russian dips -> L-sit

Started by Johan Hägg, April 21, 2018 · 3 Replies · 113 Views

Johan Hägg

This is the current form of my Russian dips, 5x5 with same form. Its not easy but im not fatigued and can probably do 1-2 sets more. Problem is When moving to L-sit variation I have problem doing even one rep with acceptable form, is there som bridging-variation I could do or just improving russian dips further?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AhCmUXtr69V6mjFP_Kn0E3553J0aiMas

Nick Murray

I did the L sit with knees bent. I can do 5x5 of those fairly easily now. Last week I moved to halfway between knees bent at 90 degrees and  legs straight. That was tough, but 5x5 wobbly ones. It'll probably take another month to get to legs straight.

Nick Murray

Just one more comment, your body seems to sink down a little after your upper arms touch the bars - maybe it's just the hoodie sleeves (and maybe I'm telling you something you already know) but be careful with your shoulders: pull down strongly with lats the moment your arms touch the bars, so your lats actually hold your body up and you don't sink between your shoulders).

Great hollow body form, btw.

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 21/4/2018 at 10:33 AM, Johan Hägg said:

This is the current form of my Russian dips, 5x5 with same form. Its not easy but im not fatigued and can probably do 1-2 sets more. Problem is When moving to L-sit variation I have problem doing even one rep with acceptable form, is there som bridging-variation I could do or just improving russian dips further?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AhCmUXtr69V6mjFP_Kn0E3553J0aiMas

nick suggestion is good.

a further transition is performing the L variation with an eccentric movement where the upper body is held in a vertical position.