When I do front support, rear support, hollow body, arch - As I engage my glutes fully my hips legs and feet turn out akin to a ballet dancer. Is this ok? I find if I keep legs/feet parallel I’m unable to fully contract my glutes
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Hips/legs/feet turning out (like ballet)
Started by Thomas Newman, April 19, 2018 · 3 Replies · 100 Views
HI Thomas is normal but not acceptable from an aesthetic and technical POV:
Glutes are external rotators when the hip is extended and also they can extend the hip like a rear support. strong counterbalanced adductors can lead to the desired "feet together".
I will be moving from fundamentals into foundations 1 in the next couple of days. Can I expect some exercises that will strengthen the adductors as I progress? Or perhaps you have some tips to better engage/strengthen the adductors? Thank you for your feedback!
Hey Thomas,
The Middle Split Strech Course is going to make your adductors super strong and flexible. There are mobility drills in Foundations that will target them but the MS routine is going to be amazing for them since it will balance strength and range of motion in that region.